Saturday, July 11, 2015

Adrenaline High in the Sky: Eden Nature Park and Resort

Eden Nature Park
Bo. Eden, Toril, Davao City, Davao Del Sur

It is my second attempt to visit Eden Nature Park because when I first tried last December, some wealthy family in Davao had it closed during the days I was there. (It's ok, I got over it.)

My friend Zeli who is from Davao planned our itinerary and I'm so glad she included this. She said that it is one of her favorite places in the city. In fact, her family booked to stay there for the night because she will come home. They know her so well.

Photo from Eden Nature Park and Resort's website


It is a an hour drive from Ma-a, where we were staying but with all the chitchats (Yes, it is a known fact that girls can talk for hours), we didn't even notice it.

The place reminds me of Baguio because it's cold and they have a lot of pine trees.

There is a mandatory entrance fee but it's ok because it comes with food already. You can choose between a plated snack (choice between Tuna Melt or Spaghetti *drinks included) or buffet. We chose the first one because we don't intend to stay long.
Photo from Eden Nature Park's website

We headed straight to the Sky Adventure area which is on the opposite side of the park. You can get the SkyCycle and SkyRider Combo for 300php but we already had enough of ziplines from all of our other trips so we opted out of SkyRider already. For SkyCycle, you only need to pay 200php.



The newest attraction of the park is SkySwing. It's just like your normal swing but on steroids because it is 95 feet high. You can choose to go solo at Php 300 or with a friend at Php400 per pair. We chose to go in pairs and just paid 200php each.

SkyCycle

Going up the platform can make anyone with Acrophobia seriously sweat. The waiting area is 60-feet high and you can see the ground from where you're at. Like what I said earlier, if you have fear of heights be ready to be freaked out.

Look at Michelle. So competitive!
Photo by Zeli Viduya



It is 400 meters back and forth and there is a steel that connects it to a cable above you so you don't need to worry about balancing because you don't have to. That is actually my main concern because I do not know how to bike (Poor me. :D )

There are 4 bicycles and we were advised to go at the same time. We were worried about who is gonna take our pictures but the operators of the ride offered themselves. Seems like they already had a lot of practice doing so because they got some pretty decent shots of us. Well of me, at least because I made sure I go slowly and asked the operators to take a photo of me before reaching the waiting platform again. It pays to not be afraid of heights because you get to have great pictures. (wink).




SkySwing

While we were waiting for our turn in the SkyCycle, we saw a couple do this and to be honest, we got scared. First of all, they were suspended higher than where we're at. The wait area for the SkyCycle was 60-feet and you will be lifted up to 90-feet for SkySwing.

The operator will give instructions (something about whistle blow and some counting to tell us we have to be ready, i think but I forgot already) prior to your ascend but believe me, it is not easy to remember it once you're already up there. (Tip: Lean back!!! You'll thank me for this. I promise).

My friend Kyrel and I went together, I was talking to her the whole time we were going up to give comments but she wasn't speaking anymore, I totally understand because I was just talking a lot because I was already nervous. It was really so high and the slow ascent makes it even higher.

Kyrel and I
Photo by Jinky Tuliao


Once we reached 90 feet high, I heard a whistle (or two but this was already hazy and I'm not sure) and we were released. We shouted so loud to release the nervousness we were feeling while going up and man, it feels so great!!! Check out the video below.


Indiana Jones

It is amazing how much fun can a short rope and a piece of round metal can give you.

Indiana Jones is one of the free attractions you can enjoy in Eden. Zeli told us to just mount the rope and go. So we did... and while we are already on our way, she shouted to us that we have to hold tight. When we reached the other end I understood why, you will feel the impact from the other end and if you don't hold tight, you might be thrown away. Maybe a part of the experience is not knowing what will happen on the other side that is why she did not tell us first hand that we might get thrown away if we don't hold on tight. LOL


Eden Nature Park and Resort is really a must visit if like me, you are an adrenaline junkie. If not ,well you can just chill around as there are other activities (non-death-defying) around like horseback riding, fishing and such. But come on, you're already there and the SkyAdventure will give you a great profile picture and an awesome tale to tell your friends back home. Live a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment