Saturday, May 2, 2015

Slidefest: 1000 feet of Happiness

I was ecstatic when I first saw the Slidefest ad in social media and right there and then, I knew I wanted to be part of this event. So I gathered my usual fun buddies and being the child-like that we are, we were all sold by the idea.

We booked the first one which was held in Subic Freeport because of course, we want to be the first ones to experience it. Yes, we’re competitive like that.

Maybe it’s because they were effective in marketing this online that the VIP slots were almost full when we registered. Take note, we signed up the very same week they said that the website is already open for reservation. We were 9 altogether but only 3 of us (me included of course) was able to get VIP. My other friends booked the Wave Riders in 2 different time slots.



Registration  - It is organized because they had it in alphabetical order. I had my own voucher printed so I did not encounter any issue. However, for my friends that did group booking, they were confused at first because they cannot find their name. Note for the sliders next month, they use the name of the person who registered your names. So if you are in a group, line up on the one whose name is under ‘Customer Name’. Just a small glitch, no biggie.

Changing Stations – After registration, we head straight to the tents they provided to change clothes. It is big enough for a group to change comfortably. They even have tables for the bags however, it is very untidy. Since no trash bins (or waste bags at least) were provided, some ladies opted to leave their unmentionables inside. Yuck!

Baggage Counter – I really appreciate the fact that the people assigned to this station are efficient. They are probably very tired but I was able to deposit my bags within 2mins.

Queue – This is my most hated part at first. I mean who enjoys waiting, right? Given that we are in VIP and the page said that we are not going to wait, well it took me almost an hour before my first slide. Although when I look at the line for the wave riders, it slightly made me feel better because their line was longer. So thinking that they are going to wait longer somehow made me feel better. Lol.  There is also a personnel that uses a hose to water the people in the queue since we were all dried up already with the wait.



In the afternoon, they gave the hose to the people in VIP which made it more fun because now everyone in line is waiting for their turn to splash other people with water. It was really shallow but we were excited to have our turn while we were waiting. There’s also foam machine on the way so it made waiting a little bit bearable because we were somehow anticipating the part of the line with foam first before the slide itself.


Pre-Slide – There are staff that assists you before the slide itself. They tell you what to do and the likes but since we were excited, we already knew what they were saying because we already read that from the website. Lol. Btw, the guy that assisted us during our first slide is really cute.




Slide – It only took me 1:20 to finish the whole slide but it was so fun! Definitely worth the wait. Immediately after my first slide, we went back to line up again because they were right, once is not enough. Anyway, I was only able to go at it 4 times because we went there late and I’m already tired of waiting in the queue.

Freebies – Whenever the sponsors see your blue band, they will approach you to tell you they have treats for you. So even though we waited, we still somehow felt VIP because of it. I got an ice cream from Drumstick and a free bag of kettle corn. There’s also a photobooth with very friendly staff so we’re able to have our photos taken multiple times because there aren’t people lining up anyway. Oh and I love the shirt!

Food – I wish they had more concessionaires. Although the food stalls were ok, I was hoping for more choices. I love the popsies, i just forgot the name. Also, I saw cello's as one of the sponsors but I didn't see any donut. :( I wish there is cotton candy, shakes and most of all WATER! Calling bottled water sponsors, they still have 2 more events.



Music - We really love the music they have on. We realized in the end that there are DJ's the whole day and when we were playing back the videos we recorded, the music in the background is really good. I went home early so I didn't join the party at night anymore because I have to back to Manila but the party also seemed so fun in the pics.

Others – I really wish the person assigned in the place for tables and chairs have the initiative to clean up the tables or better yet, I wish they have placed lots of waste bags because I’m sure people are willing to CLAYGO it’s just that we really don’t see any trash can around.

To those who wants to do this too, they still have 2 more events and it's closer to the metro. Book now because slots run out fast. The next one will be held in Filinvest, Alabang on May 16-17, 2015.

In case you would, here are some tips for you:


  • Bring your GoPro to record your memories. You can also make your own video like we did.
  • Load up on sunscreen. (You should because I didn't and I am still trying to get my color back. lol)
  • Be fun. Don't be the BV person in the queue. 
  • Make sure you don't bring phones that are not water resistant because it will definitely get wet.
  • Try to wear colorful clothes. (It looks better in the camera. Promise)
  • Make sure you watch out and pose for the camera during the slide. They posted the ones in Subic and I'm thankful I did because now, I have a great profile pic on FB.
  • There's no decent shower in the area so you just have to change your clothes and rely on facial wipes to clean up and just shower at home.
  • Remember where they put your bag during deposit because they asked me when I was claiming it and I didn't know what to say. Lol
  • Bring as much friends as possible or befriend the person beside you. The wait in the line is more bearable if you do. This is the best time to talk to strangers. I forgot to ask the names of the people I talked to but whoever you guys are, I enjoyed our chitchats. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment