Saturday, July 11, 2015

Unlimited Shrimps below Php 400: Blue Posts Boiling Crabs and Shrimps

Photo from Blue Posts Facebook Account


UNLIMITED SHRIMPS. These two words was enough to make us change our itinerary. I have always loved to eat seafood which is why I never considered myself as a mermaid no matter how much I love the ocean (because I'm pretty sure Ariel won't eat her underwater friends).

What caught my attention as well is that it's only Php399. Can you believe that? Shrimp bucket has theirs at Php 560 by the pound. So yes, I am ditching the crocs (cause we're scheduled to go to Crocodile Farm) for this. 

We had to go there by ourselves because my friend who is a local at Davao will stay the night at Eden. We don't have a ride and we don't even know where the restaurant was but we are determined. So determined that we rode a tricycle from Eden to Pan Pacific Highway just to get a cab because if we wait for the cab service that Eden Nature Park will get for us, it will take an hour. We cannot waste an hour more because it was already 2:00 PM and we really really need to get to this place. Come on, it's unlimited shrimps we're talking about. I'm sure you'll understand. LOL

Cabs know the place so just tell them and they know where to bring you. It's really hard to miss  because you will see a huge signage in front. But if you really wanna know the exact location, here it is: Lanang Business Park, Km 7, Lanang Davao City (In between Kia and Ford Showroom).

Photo by Jinky Tuliao

Interiors. It is inspired by the sea somehow because of the nets and some other fishing paraphernalia but all the vandalism somehow made the place look dirty. Nahh, I am not a fan of all the writings on the wall (or the ceiling). Had they used a sharpie instead of a broad pen, it could have been better. The seats are comfortable and spacious. I saw a couple of really healthy flies roaming around but when the staff saw us irritated by it, they gave us a couple of tea candles on a glass to drive them away. 

Staff. They are nice and attentive. They gave us an approximate wait time and was able to deliver the food before that. Something I really appreciated. I just hoped they told us that the Coke is refillable. (Tip: Buy the beverage once you are in. It will help you gulp down all the shrimp you'll eat and will make you feel less full so you can eat more!!! Gluttony at its best).

Experience. They gave us a plastic lining for our table which is good because like what I said earlier, there are a lot of vandals around and the table looked dirty (Don't worry my arte ends there). Plastic gloves were also provided and the staff helped us put on our bib. Once we were fully equipped, they served the hot food bag bearing what looks like over a kilo of shrimps. Our eyes all popped out when we saw what's inside. These are the same people I went to Shrimp Bucket to so we cannot help but compare the size of the shrimps that was served to us. We ate with our hands and after a bag, my friends are all set. As for me, I went for another one. (Please don't judge.LOL)




Taste. It certainly did not disappoint. They have 3 levels of spiciness for the Cajun sauce: Regular, Mild and Hot. I went for Mild while my friends asked for Regular. You can ask for the next bag to be different if you prefer it different. It is good! The shrimp tastes so fresh and it is cooked well. Highly recommended! Their food made me neglect the interior and the others that I don't like about the place. 

My verdict: This restaurant alone is enough to make me wanna visit this city again. That's how much I loved it!  I just hope they still have the same promo when I come back. I used to say that heaven will have a banquet with refillable shrimps and I think I found my own piece of heaven here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment