Saturday, July 11, 2015

#InstaWorthy Places in Davao

"We travel to see the world not to take photos"

Some people have this mantra, but not me. Others might find it narcissistic but I wanna be seen in the places I've been.

Maybe a lot of travel photographers find that cringe worthy but in my opinion, if I want to just take a photo of the place, I can just buy a post card in the airport or something. Besides, I'm a traveler and a tourist (I don't care about the labels). I am not a travel photographer either so I'll do what I want no matter what other's opinion is. I encourage everyone to do so as well.

After all that rant, I just want to share the #InstaWorthy places I've been in my recent trip. I will start doing this from now on. :)

All pictures were taken by my friends. Feel free to copy our poses if you want. Lol

Francisco Bangoy International Airport

This city is so full of beautiful spots for pictures that right after getting off the plane, we were already able to take a good snapshot to show everyone in Manila that we have arrived in Davao. Thank you large Durian just outside the airport.



Museo Dabawenyo
Andres Bonifacio Rotunda, Poblacion District, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Mon-Sat 9:00a-12:00p, 1:00-6:00p

This is a free museum because it is run by the government but there is 1 rule; You cannot take pictures inside. So why did I include this, well the place where photo is allowed made a really nice background. Just check this:


People's Park
Palma Gil St, Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Hours of Operation: 5:30 – 10:00 am, 3:00 – 11:00 pm

This place has a lot of great spots but I chose the most popular Durian sculpture that it is known for. I don't know why but it kind of reminds me of South Korea.








D' bone Collector
San Pedro St, Poblacion District, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 10:00a-5:00p, Sat 1:00p-5:00p

When I saw our pictures, i only had one thing in mind: Jurassic World. No, they do not have dinosaurs but all the bones around makes me feel like it is. They also had some animals that were preserved via taxidermy. Whether you wanna be part of the picture or not, this place surely take a lot of your memory because of all the interesting things they have to offer. Mitch posed for a funny shot while Jinky, Kyrel and I went all dramatic. Lol






No comments:

Post a Comment